Monday, May 15, 2006

What would be helpful?

Hey y'all. So in the next couple of weeks I'm helping to plan next year's orientation. For those of you coming in, what would you like included in the program? For those of you who went through it last year, what do you wish the department had done differently?

Some ideas:
EndNote training
PCL database overview
Center for American History
HRC
Blanton Art Museum
Hogg Foundation Library
Benson Latin American Center

Obviously, it is not feasible to do all of these things in a day or two, but if there is enough interest, I can probably arrange meetings throughout the first month or so that people are here to get this stuff done.

1 comment:

rebeccaonion said...

I definitely wish I'd gotten Endnote training, and in fact I would attend if the new cohort got it this fall...