Tuesday, March 07, 2006

academics in action

hey, so the american literature people are having this process-oriented symposium at the end of april, & are looking for proposals for roundtables and such. does anybody want to propose one with me? i think it might be interesting to have an AMS group there to get a bit of a different perspective. here's the CFP. it's a little vague, is the only thing, & the proposal's due on friday. i could see us talking about the concept or problem of creating a coherent class or cohort out of people who have such wildly divergent interests...not that we have the answer to that in any way shape or form.

3 comments:

all.hail.west.texas said...

to stay true to my conference whore-ness, i'm up for it... (=
i could meet thursday afternoon to
work on a proposal.

rebeccaonion said...

i knew i could count on you. let's talk again tomorrow or the next day to set up a time/see if we still wanna do it.

Dr. D'Orsogna said...

I'd consider doing it - I love to talk about process! Only thing is I'm leaving Thursday AM, so I'd be out of the loop for the planning process. If y'all don't care about my absence in the initial stage I'm in.