Wednesday, September 06, 2006

NYT peeks into our world

I didn't want to post because I wanted to savor the fact that, for once, the top post wasn't authored by me (seriously, I'm not a megalomaniac), but I read this in the Times today. I think it's really interesting to see how the MSM is covering the debates we go over all the time (with relentless frequency, and to the point of boredom). Of special interest to the new cohort will be the discussion of the concept of exceptionalism, which I believe you must be talking about this week in your Meikle class.

1 comment:

rebeccaonion said...

Yeah, we did, because I remember sending around some article from TNR about how Katrina supposedly destroyed our sense that we were a country where things like that "didn't happen," because we were exceptional. I remember it because it was the first time I used the Blackboard email-all function for our seminar. The first time of MANY, before neverendingjeremiad put an end to that circus.